Helmets: Helmets are one of the very essential accessories, that every rider and pillion rider must wear before riding a motorbike to ensure ultimate safety at worst situations, so guys here we will discuss about which helmet is best in India.
Before jumping into the helmets lets first have a look at the aspects we need to look at before buying any helmet.
I would like to help you understand seven points you need to note while buying a good helmet for yourself. So let’s get started right away also please note that the point-wise listing is to help you remember them easily and in my opinion, all the points listed are equally important. It will be easier fot you to decide which helmet is best in India as per your requirements.
Point no 1:
First of all you need to like the design of the helmet. Now we all know that a rider looks really cool and sexy when he is wearing his full riding gear as such the helmet design is crucial for you to be attracted towards it such that you are wearing it all the time which ultimately takes care of your safety. So the design needs to be more appealing to you.
The outer shell of the helmet needs to be made of solid lightweight material like polycarbonate so that it can sustain the impact of your crash, while not wearing you down with its excess weight. You might find helmets in the lesser price range but in my opinion cost or money shouldn’t be a factor when life is at stake. We end up spending so much on junk food mobiles etc. But when it comes to helmets we kind of hesitate thinking they are way too expensive. My humble request is to pay that excess amount and let it be a one-time investment because it is ultimately for your safety and for you to enjoy a long and healthy life with your family.
About the inner lining and the foam. The foam used should be of good quality. It should be hypoallergenic, it should be preferably laser cut to offer the superior fit and also fully removable such that you can wash them periodically and maintain the helmet well.
Point number 4:
Having a D-ring strap. Now a D-ring strap is mandatory if you are going to ride on a track. The reason for that is the tight end fit it offers such that your helmet doesn’t slip away when you crash. My suggestion is to always prefer a d-ring strap helmet over a buckle one because that really serves the purpose.
The fifth and most important point is:
Something not many might be aware. It is actually the tight fit that a helmet offers. To check whether the helmet fits you well, you need to wear the helmet and try nodding your head and if the helmet moves that means the helmet is loose and the likelihood of it coming off in a crash is more. So don’t think that a helmet is uncomfortable when it offers a tight fit. It does ease out with time but at the same time don’t buy yourself a very tight helmet such that you cannot breathe properly inside. So the helmet you buy should offer a proper snug fit. This point determines the actual class of the helmet and decides whether it its the category of the best helmet in India.
The sixth point is:
The ventilation system. The helmet should offer adequate ventilation ports all around for you to breathe easy and also ensure you don’t feel suffocated inside.
The seventh and the final point is that the:
Visors. It should be scratch resistant as well as fog resistant. Since most of us go for early-morning rides having a fog-resistant visor really helps.
Here are some of the best helmets you can buy India right now under 5000
- MT Mugello Jerome Matt Helmet (Black & Fluorescent Orange)
- Injected polycarbonate shell for improved protection.
- Multiple Shell Sizes – to provide the right fit for maximum safety.
- Multi-density inner EPS, designed for better impact absorption. First in its segment.
- Dual Certification – ECE R-22.05 (EU) & DOT (US)
Robust Chin Strap with D-Ring fasteners
Pinlock ready Max Vision Visor – equipped to attach/detach Anti-fog inserts.
Anti-allergic and wicking internal fabrics
Easily removable and washable interiors.
At a weight of 1450 (+/-50) grams, it is one of the lightest helmets in India.
Price is 4600 INR.
2. SMK Twister:
SMK helmets are designed in Italy but the production is carried out by Studds in India, The design is purely Italian but the production is carried out totally in India. It uses the most advanced technology.
- Available in a wide range of 26 colour or graphics option.
- The inner shell is molded in different density EPS( Expanded Polystyrene foam )
- The inner portion is breathable, with hypoallergic liners that are totally washable and removable.
- All air vents are fully adjustable.
- The visor is scratch resistant.
- Bluetooth is compatible.
- Comes with quick-release strap.
- Homologation(approved officially) by ECE 22-05
- The weight of the helmet is approx 1.4 kg or 1400 gm.
- Composition 3d Optically correct Lexan
- Release System Quick and easy mounting
- VISOR Lock is pretty smooth opening and closing.
- Anti UV and Anti Scratch
- Double D-ring for secure fit
- Dual Certified – ECE R-22.05 & DOT FMVSS 218
- AX-F180 universal Anti-Fog Visor Insert
- Fully Adjustable 3 intake ports & 2 outlet ports
- Internal Sun Visor
- Scratch Resistant Visor
- Embedded speaker pockets for communication systems
- Price is 4900 INR
- High Impact ABS Material Shell.
- The ventilation of the helmet”s upper part uses the AIR BOOSTER system
- Micro Metric Buckle
- Innovative ventilation system
These were our choice of Top 5 best Helmets In India Under INR 5000 i.e. (which helmet is best in India). Do comment if you have anything to say.